Application for Members Bursary
Thanks to our partners, we are able to offer a small number of bursaries to potential members who require financial support to attend our club.
If successful in your application, you will be entitled to attend Little Sandbox, subject to fulfilling the terms of the bursary, which are set out below.
To be eligible for a scholarship you must:
- Live in an area which is classed as being in the top 5% of deprived areas (this may also be ward specific depending on the partner providing the funding)
- Be passionate about 2 of the 4 activity categories we provide: Coding, Electronics, Digital Media and Making.
- Provide a reference from a teacher or other significant person who is not related to you, stating that you have demonstrated a keen interest in Tech and will make the most of this opportunity to learn more.
To apply you must:
- Complete the online application form below
- Submit a blog in a format of your choice (written, video, animation, photo storyboard or game), which explains/demonstrates why you want to join Little Sandbox. It should include:
- What you’ve already learned
- What your ambitions are
- What you most want to learn
- Why you think you’ll be a good member of Little Sandbox
If Successful you must:
- Attend 80% of sessions throughout the year
- Work towards collecting achievement pins
- Abide by the general terms and conditions of membership
At the end of your scholarship period:
If funding is available and provided attendance and achievement criteria have been met, you will be able to apply for a continuation scholarship. However, if the scholarship terms have not been met, you will have to go through the usual application process in competition with other potential members.
We currently have bursaries available for our Saturday Club at Norris Green library. In addition to the usual eligibility criteria for a bursary, you must also live within the Norris Green or Clubmoor wards.