Terms and Conditions of Membership
Little Sandbox Play – £30 per month
Little Sandbox Explore – £45.00 per month
Little Sandbox Invent – £45.00 per month
Play is open every Monday from 5:30 – 7pm, excluding bank holidays and the Christmas break.
Explore is open every Wednesday from 5:30 – 7:30pm, excluding the Christmas break.
Invent is open every Tuesday from 5:30 – 7:30pm, excluding the Christmas break.
- All parents/carers must complete our Registration Form in full before a child can be accepted at a club. Registration Forms can be obtained from the Club directly or completed online at littlesandbox.co.uk.
- Any changes to the information contained on the Registration Form, whether it be contact details, medical details, change of address, etc., must be notified in writing by the parent/carer as soon as possible to the club manager.
- Membership fees should be paid on a monthly basis
- Standing orders should be paid on either 1st of the month depending on joining date.
- Cash payments must be paid in person at the first club session of the month
- For standing orders and cash payments, membership will be deemed to cover the full calendar month.
- For subscriptions made via the online registration process membership will be deemed to run from the date the subscription was created and will be due for renewal on the same date of each subsequent month.
- Payment for single sessions will be allowed on a temporary taster basis, until the start of the following month when a monthly membership should be set up
- Single sessions will be charged at £9/12 per session
- All single sessions requested by parents / carers are subject to availability as we must ensure that we have sufficient staff on site.
- No parent/carer should consider a booking as being accepted until a member of the Little Sandbox staff has confirmed the booking.
- Children who turn up at the club to attend sessions without the parent/carer first booking, may be refused entry if all available places have been booked or reserved.
Changes to members’ sessions
Sessions which have been booked and paid for cannot be refunded excepting
- Closure of the club (for example if it is required to close due to unforeseen circumstances.)
- In the event of a child missing 5 or more consecutive sessions due to illness (medical certificate required)
Responsibility for Payment
- The responsibility for payment of all fees, charges and penalties lies at all times with the person who has made the booking.
- Failure by Little Sandbox to make a written or verbal request for payment of fees does not constitute an excuse or reason for late or non-payment .
- Failure to settle all fees and/or penalties when due may result in Little Sandbox taking action (including legal action) to recover all outstanding debts.
Penalties for Late Collection
- It is the responsibility of all parents/carers collecting children to do so promptly at the end of the session. Failure to do so will expose the parent / carer to the payment of a financial penalty and will constitute a breach of the terms and conditions, entitling Little Sandbox to exclude the child from subsequent sessions.
- All parents/carers collecting children at or after 10 minutes beyond the closing time of the club will be charged a late collection penalty of £2.00 per child. Any parent/carer collecting children at or after 20 minutes beyond the closing time of the club will be charged a late collection penalty of £5.00 per child.
- The penalty must be paid before the child is able to return to the club. Where the penalty is outstanding, and further sessions have been booked and paid for by the parent/carer, the club reserve the right to exclude the child, until the penalty is paid, without issuing a refund for sessions unattended.
- Any child who has suffered from diarrhoea, sickness, high temperature/fever or conjunctivitis must be kept away from the club for a period of 48 hours after such condition has ceased.
- Any child suffering from head lice must be kept away from the club until the hair has been fully treated and cleared.
- Should any child suffer from any of the above whilst at the club, the staff will contact and ask the parent/carer to come and collect the child as soon as possible.
Grounds for Exclusion
- Persistent poor behaviour on the part of the child (which includes, but is not limited to, bullying, verbal abuse, physical violence, fighting, racial incidents, defiance, rudeness to others, dishonesty, disobedience and deliberate damage to property), or non-persistent incidents of particularly serious behaviour (for example which endangers children or staff)
- The staff will record poor behaviour in the incident book. Three recorded incidents may result in a temporary or permanent exclusion at the discretion of the Club manager.
- Where a parent/carer is in breach of any of our terms and conditions.
- Refunds will not be made if children are excluded on the grounds set out above.
Food & Drink
- As a rule, Little Sandbox doesn’t provide a snack during the session; (decaf) tea, juice and water are available to those that want drinks.
- Little Sandbox operates a tuck shop selling drinks, crisps, chocolate, fruit and healthy snacks.
Reservation of Rights
- Little Sandbox reserves the right to exclude a child or family from attending the club or to refuse to accept a registration.
- Little Sandbox reserves the right to close the club on the grounds of staff shortage, unavailability of facilities, or any other reason which in its reasonable opinion necessitates closure. Reasonable notice will be given where possible.
- Little Sandbox reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time and will give written notice of such changes to parents / carers.
Legal: Waivers, Exclusions, Jurisdiction
- No failure or delay by Little Sandbox in exercising any of its rights or remedies shall prejudice or affect its ability to do so unless it has provided a specific waiver or release in writing. These terms and conditions are governed by English law and subject to the jurisdiction of the courts if England and Wales.
- Little Sandbox shall not be liable for any direct or indirect loss suffered by parents / carers as a result of club closures under the terms of the agreement, including but not limited to loss of profits, increased costs or expenses or wasted expenditure.
- Little Sandbox accepts no liability for the administration of medicine in accordance with parents / carers written instructions. Medicines will not be administered in the absence of written instructions.
- Little Sandbox accepts no liability for loss or damage (including consequential loss) to property brought to club premises caused by the actions of children or third parties or for accidental damage caused by club staff.
- Little Sandbox accepts no responsibility for injury caused from pre-existing medical conditions which are not notified to the club.